Computer repairs, which method is best?
Canterbury Computer Services offers a number of different options when it comes to computer repairs.
Customers often ask which option is the best for them, since each option has its own pro’s and con’s the answer is different depending on the customer and the computer issue being presented.
You can compare our repair options below to find out which way works best for you.
On-Site Home or Business Computer Repairs
- Necessary for Network Setup and configuration
- Saves the time of having to unplug and replug the cables on your computer
- Eliminates travel time to and from the shop
- Saves the hassle of having to bring the computer into a shop, although we do have excellent parking
- You can ask about recommended system upgrades based on your layout
- Ability to watch and learn as our technician works on your system
- Higher cost than other service methods, involves a call-out charge.
- Someone has to be home while the service is being performed
- Technician has fewer tools at their disposal
- Can be more expensive if the technician has to scan for viruses or disk errors
In-Shop Service Computer Repairs
- Cost effective
- You don’t have be present while the computer is being serviced
- Technician has lots of tools available
- Easy for technician to perform hardware upgrades for you
- Internal computer cleaning service is available
- Excellent, free parking
- You have to bring your computer in to our shop
- Drive time for drop off and pickup
- For desktop computers, you will need to reconnect everything when you get home
Remote Service Computer Repairs
- Cost effective
- Saves you the time and hassle of having to unplug and replug cables
- Completely eliminates drive time
- Saves you the hassle of having to bring the computer into a shop
- Able to watch and learn while our technician works on your computer
- If you can’t get on the internet this option is NOT an option!
- Can’t fix network issues since computer has to be connected online
- The technician has fewer tools at their disposal
- We only fix software issues, not hardware issues
If you are not sure then give our team a call on 03 313 3221 and we will assist you.