Office 365 – MS Office 2016 is now available
As part of your office 365 subscription you are automatically entitled to upgrade to latest version of office when it is released. As of 22nd September 2015, Office 2016 is now available for you to download and install.
How do you do this?
- Create a recovery restore point – Google ‘how to create a recovery restore point’ and use the method for your operating system
- Follow the instructions below
- If you encounter a problem or would rather have Canterbury Computer Services upgrade it for you then give us a call on 03 313 3221
Phone: 03 313 3221
If you have an Office 365 Home, Personal, or University subscription, you can install the new Office 2016 version of the Office 365 software on your PC right now.
Note If your Office license is associated with an Office 365 for business subscription, see How do I update Office to Office 2016 using Office 365 for business?.
- Sign into your My Account page, then choose Install, and select Install
Note Your Office 2016 installation will download in the background. While the software downloads, you can continue to use your current Office 365 programs.
- When you receive a prompt to install Office 2016, agree, and then agree to remove Office 2013. Select Remove and Continue.
Important Once you select Remove and Continue, you will not be able to revert back to Office 2013.
Note The process to uninstall Office 2013 and install Office 2016 can take some time. When the installation completes, you’ll see a welcome video that explains how to find your apps and launch Office 2016.
For more information about installing Office with Office 365, see Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC.
If you installed Office 2013 or Office 2016 Preview on your PC through your subscription, you can also wait a few weeks until you get an upgrade notification that will appear on the menu bar of your Office applications.
Upgrading to Office 2016 will remove any Office 2013 software currently installed on your PC.
If you bought and installed Office 2013 as a one-time purchase, there’s no upgrade option. You’ll need to purchase an Office 365 subscription or one of the Office 2016 suite of products, such as Office 2016 Home and Student.
Tip If you’re not sure what version of Office you have, see What version of Office am I using?
Source: Microsoft Office Website