Cloud Backup For Office 365: Keep Your Business Data Safe From All Threats
Companies understand that they need to protect their most important asset, their data. In today’s world that data can be anywhere. It may reside in an companies physical server, in a virtual server in the cloud, or it can even reside in both at the same time. Critical data needs to be protected and available whether it’s hosted locally or in the cloud.
Microsoft Office 365 provides significant advantages to organisations of all sizes, however, this SaaS (software as a service) version of Microsoft’s flagship productivity application, which stores files and data in the cloud, demands the same high level of data backup and recovery functions as its on premise version.
Although Office 365 has been a boon to businesses globally, it is not 100% safe when it comes to data backup & recovery. Research shows that 1 in 3 organisations have lost their data that was stored in the cloud. And almost 64 percent of cloud data loss incidents are due to human error. Humans sometimes delete important files by mistake, overwrite one another’s documents, as well as download viruses accidentally.
Many organisations and individuals believe that their valuable data is automatically protected and available. Whilst cloud-based application vendors do provide a basic level of protection, often keeping data for 30 days, their backups are designed to meet their platform requirements and not those of end users.
Customer data must be:
- Safe from the most common cause of data loss, user errors
- Recoverable from data loss due to system errors
- Available longer than a short 30-day window
- Protected against internal and external threats
- Available quickly when needed in the proper format
Users need to make sure that they have these additional levels of protection and accessibility in order to meet basic organisational needs.
To meet this critical need for cloud-based protection, StorageCraft Cloud Backup for Office 365 provides a flexible, easy-to-use solution for the protection, management and recovery of Office 365 data. It is protected, encrypted and made available through an intuitive, web-based interface. Users can quickly recover a file, a folder, or an entire backup quickly and easily in its original format.
Cloud Backup for Office 365 provides protection for:
- Exchange Mailboxes
All email activities and Exchange data going back as long as needed or prescribed
- Shared Mailboxes
Availability of all data that is in use in public shared folders across user defined time periods
- OneDrive for Business
Everything that is needed from Office 365 processes is collected, encrypted, protected and readily available
Protection of base SharePoint organizational data
Microsoft 365 Protection
Our customers count on us to help protect them against data loss.
- Protection against data loss: Users can often unwittingly (or purposely) delete important emails, or OneDrive or SharePoint files. If this happens, Cloud Backup offers the ability to quickly search for and recover what you need without having to file a support ticket with Microsoft.
- Access to email for former employees: If employees leave and you don’t want to continue paying Microsoft a subscription fee simply to store their email and shared documents, Cloud Backup for Microsoft 365 offers an additional way to retain and access this data.
- Support for compliance: Cloud Backup is designed to help you retain and archive critical data.
- Point-in-time restore: Exchange mailboxes are backed up automatically up to six times a day, and backups for OneDrive and SharePoint accounts are performed automatically up to four times a day, giving you multiple daily restore points. Choose the one you want, and recover fast.
- Data retention: Exchange data is retained for seven years, and OneDrive and SharePoint data retained for one year, giving you many potential restore points from which to choose.
For more information regarding how we can assist you in ensuring your data is backed up please give the shop a call on 03 313 3221 or email info@CanterburyComputers.co.nz