Canterbury Computer Services is proud to continue its relationship with the Saracens Rugby Club through the continued sponsorship of the Saracens Rugby Club for the next two seasons.
Why the Saracens Rugby Club?
Firstly, it’s a great club that we have been involved with since 2005 when it was called Southbrook Rugby Club and Paul was persuaded to coach the U6’s.
Secondly, Rugby like most team sports teaches children (and adults) far more than just a game
This post I copied from the internet explains it far better than I ever could ………….
Why kids should play rugby
One of my friends asked “Why do you pay so much money and spend so much time running around for your son to play rugby?”
Well I have a confession to make: I don’t pay for my son’s rugby training or his kit, mouth guard or boots. Or even his hundreds of rugby balls.
So, if I am not paying for rugby, what am I paying for?
– I pay for those moments when my boy becomes so tired he feels like quitting but doesn’t..
– I pay for the opportunity that my boy can have and will have to make life-long friendships.
– I pay for the chance that he may have amazing coaches that will teach him that rugby is not just about game plans but about life.
– I pay for my child to learn to be disciplined.
– I pay for my boy to learn to take care of his body.
– I pay for my son to learn to work with others and to be a proud, supportive, kind and respectful team member.
– I pay for my child to learn to deal with disappointment, when he doesn’t get that try he hoped for, or dropped the ball despite having practiced a thousand times, but still gets up and is determined to do his BEST next time…
– I pay for my boy to learn to make and accomplish goals.
– I pay for my son to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to create a champion, and that success does not happen overnight.
– I pay so that my son can be on the pitch instead of in front of a screen…
I could go on but, to be short, I don’t pay for rugby;
I pay for the opportunities that rugby provides my child to develop attributes that will serve him well throughout his life, and give him the opportunity to bless the lives of others.
From what I have seen for many years, I think it is a great investment!
Originally from Shiplake rugby facebook,